We are always interested in hearing from folks who would like to help us complete our mission to restore our historic building for the arts, and to bring unique arts opportunities to our community. If you are interested in help us, please fill out our online volunteer form.
You will be assigned to promote individual artist’s workshops on various channels including web, social media, and print. Accuracy is important. We will give instruction as needed. Other duties:
- Promote workshops, classes and events
- Oversee communications via social media, web, e-newsletters, paper fliers, blog, etc
- Connect with other community groups
- Conduct research to learn more about community needs in the arts
- Broaden our contacts in under-served communities
- Strategize improvements to our marketing plan
We are looking for two ongoing volunteers to lead onsite projects and volunteers. Typical projects might include building and installing information displays, landscape maintenance, preparing for events, etc. Requires a general familiarity with tools and safety procedures. Must be able to follow basic project plans and guide others. We ask that you commit to one Saturday per month to start.
We are in need of new board candidates with any of the following skills:
arts leadership, art curatorship, fundraising, grant writing, landscape design, librarian, arts instruction, legal, communications, social media, graphic design, community outreach, data management, accounting, finance, event planning.
Board candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to provide leadership in a key area of expertise. We like to refer to this as your “superpower” within our group. You don’t need to be a talented artist, but we do ask that you demonstrate an interest in a creative area. An ability to work well with others is important.
- Attend monthly board meetings (about 1 hour)
- Be an active member of a committee such as programming, fundraising, finance, or construction (1 hour monthly meeting). Preferably able to lead a committee.
- Work on committee followup actions (about 2 hours)
- Take a lead role in furthering the organization, in line with your particular skills and interests
- Financially contribute each year to the organization, at a level reasonable for your resources
- Participate in community outreach for fundraising and volunteer recruitment
- Assist with social gatherings
- Be an all-around pleasant person and have fun hanging around with us!
Not sure you want all of the responsibilities of a board member? We are always looking for helpers who help out with programming, construction, landscaping, finance, fundraising, etc. Committees meet monthly, typically for an hour via zoom. We will also being doing more hands-on work at the house. Let us know how you might like to pitch in! Please fill out our online volunteer form.